Mirage hackathon blog
Published: 2016-03-11 (last updated: 2016-07-12)
We'll soon (on July 13th) be in Cambridge (Darwin College) for a single day of working on MirageOS.
- Solo5/unikernel/Mirage integration
- Mirage 3.0 API merges! Release manager: Mindy
- NickB would like to work on uboot+ocaml+mirage for the Pine64
- New ARM distribution based on Alpine (Ian Campbell / Anil) that includes Xen and KVM (for an eventual Solo5 port)
- Qi Li - might demo his unikernel with tls for ARM cubietruck
- it would be lovely to have a PR for package version constraints in the mirage tool
- Test out OCaml 4.04 new features: e.g. LTO
- Remove pre-functoria hacks from mirage front-end tool (side effect: fix error messages!
- [Dave Scott] wants to work on VPNkit/Windows/Mirage via a new Lwt engine that is Windows friendly
- ThomasG/L and the interns and Anil will continue to make progress on the CI system, tailored for Mirage
- IanC has been helping retire mirage-xen-arm-builder in favour of an Alpine/Moby-based ARM distro, which now works on the Cubieboards.
- Mindy (yomimono) will be working to merge your PRs for 3.0 :)
Schedule for hackathon day/evening:
Richard King room at Darwin College
- 9am start - 11pm finish
- Tea, coffee, biscuits and snacks mid morning
- Lunch through the servery
- More tea, coffee, biscuits and snacks mid afternoon
- Dinner plans are open-ended...